Meet Dr. Sam!
Dr. Sam is a child and adolescent psychologist who works with kids, teens, and young adults between the ages of 2-24. He specializes in working with teen and young adult guys. He helps teen guys along the adolescent journey to discover their identity, realize their strengths, and use those strengths to excel into adulthood as their absolute best self. He also works with parents of teens by helping them build a positive relationship with their teen and put them on the right path as they enter young adulthood. Dr. Sam also specializes in pediatric behavioral sleep medicine. He helps improve quality of life for both children and parents through addressing common pediatric sleep problems. Finally, Dr. Sam helps children and teens of all ages with diabetes face common challenges such as diabetes burnout, acceptance, and distress.
- Teenage and young adult guys (ages 12-24)
- Pediatric behavioral sleep medicine
- Children, adolescents, and young adults with diabetes
Education and Training:
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from The University of Tulsa
- APA-Accredited Pre-Doctoral Internship at The Boys Town Center for Behavioral Health
- Completed Postdoctoral Fellowship at Children’s Minnesota
Meet Sam the Person
Top 3 Favorite Hobbies
Top 3 Movies
The Shawshank Redemption
Top 3 Sports Teams
United States Women’s National Soccer Team
University of Connecticut Huskies Basketball
Top 3 Fun Facts
Originally from Washington, D.C.
Training for first triathlon
Self-declared world’s worst basketball player